Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Capturing Moments

During a recent conversation with my brother, he told me that he had started reading a book in his spare moments...usually the few minutes of down time that he has in school when he gets to class a little early.

That conversation has prompted me to think a little bit more about how I use those short blocks of time "in-between" the other things I do. I have letters to write and books to read, and I never seem to be able to check those things off my to-do list.

A friend of mine told me that he made it a point to read 15 minutes worth of legal and procedural rules every morning during his first year of law practice. That little thing and those few moments have paid off in a major way. It's amazing what knowing the rules of the game will do.

So, Paul, you motivated me to start trying to capture the moments. For starts, I'm going to start reading an English manual because I feel like my grammar skills could use a little brushing up. I don't care if I read a sentence a day; that will be one sentence more than I have been reading. And I have a feeling that I will be surprised at how many moments for capturing come my way.

No comments: