Monday, February 13, 2006

Girls, Girls, Girls

This weekend, on a whim, I invited three girls from Pioneer clubs to go ice skating. We had a good time, although I couldn't help but notice that ice skating with kids is different than ice skating with adults. We were on and off the ice constantly tie shoe lacing, adjusting socks, trading skates, and eating food.

They have "skate masters" out now that take the challenge out of ice skating. Gone are the days of sink or swim, just grab a hold of a walker and sail around. Sounds like an up-and-coming Olympic sport...

Afterwards, I brought the girls to my house for hot chocolate and cookies. We were having so much fun that the girls asked to spend the night. I said yes. I'm crazy.

Of course, as soon as I said that, the power went out. The girls were sure that I hadn't paid my bills. I was more concerned about what to do without heat and hot water on Sunday morning.

There is something about a slumber party that makes people want to play pranks. The girls were creative but they lacked variety. After a while, I got tired of cleaning honey off every door handle in the house (the refrigerator even). Just when I thought the joke had finally breathed it's last, we were leaving for church and I found honey on my car door.

Anyway, I survivied despite the honey, the screaming (those girls have good lungs and, apparently, I have Palmetto bugs in my house) , and the beads that got strewn from end to end of my living room when one of the girls started making bracelets.

Just when I was breathing a sigh of relief the girls asked, Miss Danielle, what are you doing next weekend?

No comments: