Tuesday, February 07, 2006

This Little Piggy

It's funny to me what things stick with you over time. Sometimes the strangest things come back to me...things that my parents said that they probably thought I never listed to...random stuff I read...commercials I saw once 15 years ago...that kind of thing.

I have this little pink pig sitting on my desk today. Someone who used to work here left it behind and I guess it reminded people of me so I ended up with it. It's kind of cute and when you squeeze it, it makes grunting sounds.

Anyway, as I looked at it this afternoon, it reminded me of an unusual book my mom read to us years ago called "Fair, Then Partly Piggy." I don't know why this silly story came back to me on this particular day except that the title probably describes both myself and the weather on this not-so-fine Charleston day. I should have decided against wearing pink this morning; I'm afraid if someone squeezed me right now, I just might grunt too.

I don't feel like getting out of my pig mood, but I need to conclude this and get to the gym...so if you have any words of wisdom for someone who is acting like a pig, maybe you can send them my way. Even if I don't apply them now, 10 years from now they'll probably come back to me. Who knows, maybe they'll inspire another blog spot.

No comments: